Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Roasted Veggies for Memorial Day

More adventures in D2D box of veggies.  There are so many!  I finally decided to freeze some and hope they turn out ok later.
So, I started by roasting some Sunday night.  I found a recipe in the WW cook book for roasted root vegetables, which seemed fitting since I had 2 pounds of fingerling potatoes, 6 huge carrots, 3 beets and garlic ( I used 2 large cloves, sliced) just begging to be roasted.
So, I cleaned and chopped them up.  The beets were so lovely and swirly!
Here's before they went in the oven:
And here's after they were done:
They were so good!  A had a bit or two of the beet before it went in and it was sweet and delish! When they came out they were sweeter and such comfort food!
I drizzled the veggies with EVOO, sprinkled with thyme, S&P - that's it!  Roasted at 400 for 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment