Sunday, June 27, 2010

Serrano Marinated Shrimp

After a hot, sweaty week I'm in no mood to generate any heat in the house so I'm all about the leftovers! One thing about being single is that you always have leftovers. I have discovered the secret - freeze them all! I mean every.single.meal. I freeze the parts that I think will survive reheating and it is serving me well today!
I had plenty of that Serrano dressing leftover so I decided to marinate the rest of the shrimp in it since it's very citrusy.  
All I had to do was defrost the shrimp in a bowl of cold water - dump out the water and dump in the rest of the dressing!


It's much milder than I tend to like on shrimp, but very summery tasting.  The mint and lime hints toward mojitos and you know my summer mantra is "Mojitos not Mosquitoes". Anyhoo, I waited as long as I could and then I ate them. :0)


Lunch was leftovers as well.  Remember back to when I made the spinach-ricotta filled egg crepes?
They are just as good re-heated, maybe better because the creamy Parmesan sauce gets crispy! mmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment