Friday, June 4, 2010

Last of the D2D box (for now)

So, I washed up the last of the greens and packed a couple containers to be lunch salads.


I forgot to post the pic of the avocado, so here it is! So Yummy!! I was really impressed because it didn't have any brown/rotten spots on it, like the ones I get in the store and it was perfectly ripe.
I also had a carrot with legs, or ears - whichever makes you happier! It was sweet and I just peeled it and chomped away!
It took me about 2 weeks to eat all these, not to mention feeding a lot to other people, and I have to admit I froze some of the spinach and roasted vegetables that were leftover for later even!


George cooked me a steak to go with the last of the chard and that's all she wrote!
If I decide to get the D2D again, I will order the "bitty" box or try to get someone to split it with me.
For now, I'm going to hit the grocery store because I have some specific recipes I want to try. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment