Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fried Rice Yumminess- Day 3

This was actually the 2nd time I'd ever done a stir fry. In my whole life! I was worried because the first time didn't turn out well. I think everything burned and I didn't have the right ingredients to start with. I was following instructions a friend gave me "Just grab some veggies and meat and throw them in the pan for a few minutes with some soy sauce". I had gf soy sauce but it was awful!

This time, my stir fry turned out great! This recipe didn't call for soy sauce (obviously since it's soy free) and it turned out delicious (as you can see). I tried to alter the recipe but what is 1/4 of 1/2 cup of peas? Do you have a 1/8 cup measure? So it was a spoonful of this and a pinch of that. I think I ended up with 2 servings because I didn't try to split an egg and I was probably a little generous with the veggies. It was a whole lot of food!

Take Aways:
I'll be making this all the time now. It was so, my kind of low maintenance cooking!! Easy, fast and yummy (and cheap!!). If anyone ever suggests getting Chinese takeout I will scoff at them. Why wait for delivery of some greasy MSG laden goo, when you can have fresh in 10 minutes or less? My friend (with the stir fry advice of yore) said frozen veggies don't work - um this is proof to me they do! Fresh would have gotten mealy, I think.
Also, after eating this I had tons of energy and my tummy was totally happy. I think it was the perfect combo of starches, fiber and protein to get me through the rest of my day.

Things I would change:
Nothing! I actually could have popped home to make this over a lunch hour, if I needed to :)

No comments:

Post a Comment