Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 15 - Stuffed Bell Peppers


I have never really been a big fan of stuffed bell peppers, but this recipe was easy and I had leftover ground beef cooked from last week, so I figured, "why not"?

As you can see, I cooked them in the crock pot instead of doing the parboil and bake routine, so they may not be exactly like they are supposed to be, but they still taste the same.I would highly recommend the crock pot method over the boil and bake because they only took 3 hours on high and during that time I went to work, but could have done any number of funner things! It seems like a waste to stand in front of the stove for an hour boiling and baking when you can take 10 mins to toss it in the crock and go.

So, the verdict is...I still don't have stuffed bell peppers on my favorites list but I could see making this for 4 people especially since they turned out so pretty. I luv the stuffing, actually. It's the bell pepper outsides that I dislike for some reason. Sometime I'm going to make the filling w/o the bell peppers, I guess that will basically be some kind of rice and beef casserole. Not so impressive, but I'm after content not beauty when it comes to food. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment