Monday, March 8, 2010

30 days of service


I'm doing something special this month. I've dedicated myself to b
eing of service to others for 30 days!

Yesterday was day 1.
I brainstormed ideas to get me started, found a great website that gave me tons of ideas http://charityguide.org/ and got started by signing up with the Make a Wish foundation to donate my time to make dreams of seriously ill kids come true.


My energy is humming!

So, my basic plan is to do something specific each day for the next 30 days (and beyond!) to help someone near me.
This week I'm going to start with friends and family and make a conscious effort to identify something they need, that they wouldn't normally ask for help with, and help them! Now, if you're reading this and you think you're one of them, know that I would always help in any way I could, just ask :) But I want the people around me to know I care enough to do without being asked.
I was sharing this goal with my mom today, and she is my ultimate cheerleader. She reminded me that I do help people every day and this is nothing new to her! LOL
It's true, I always help someone who is struggling to open a door and give encouragement when ever I can. The intention of this blog is to help anyone who stumbles across it with gluten free issues. And I find myself sharing information constantly to help people educate themselves about important issues affecting them daily.
It was good for me to be reminded that I'm not completely self centered, yet I still feel moved to do more. I want to actively seek out new opportunities to help people around me.


So, please let me know if you have any thoughts or great ideas on service projects for me.
How do you serve others? Where do you see needs?

I'll keep you posted on my journey. Now, I'm off to send some encouragement to an old friend who could really use a boost.

Over and out :)

Cocoa

No comments:

Post a Comment