Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Black Bean Chili - Day 18

Oh boy, am I a sucker for black bean chili. I usually slack off and just dump a can of beans and some salsa together with a side of warm corn tortillas. I'm a simple chef, remember? :)

This recipe was a little more complicated than that and called for actual spices and celery of all things. WOW! What a difference! It tasted fresh and bright instead of my warm and muddled concoction I've known and loved for so long. Will I be able to go back or will I always keep a stalk of celery in my fridge just for those black bean chili days?

P.S. this is the black bean chili mentioned on the menu from 2 weeks ago that has been calling to me all day long. I'm so happy right now!!

P.P.S. would the chili be even better slow simmered on the stove or in the crock pot (I used the microwave)?

No comments:

Post a Comment