Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It's here! It's here - my Door 2 Door Organics

Fingerling potatoes - these are new to me but they sent me a recipe so I'm totally psyched!
There is even an avocado (this will be the true test, if I go back for more).
Barfycat couldn't resist a couple bites of red lettuce.  I chased her down, as soon as I snapped a pic, of course!
I had to wash everything right away so it's ready to eat (on the run?).  Guess what?  There was dirt and sand in everything!  Like it came from a real garden...I can't remember the last time I had to wash dirt off.  Pesticides and coatings, sure! But dirt - how novel  :-)
I have so many veggies, I hope that they don’t rot before I can eat them all. I think I have enough for a month.
Here’s what I got:

1 big bunch Swiss Chard
1 BIG bunch Spinach
1 head red leaf lettuce
1 lemon
7 roma tomatoes
2 large zucchini
2 large cucumbers
1 avocado
4 heads of garlic
2 HUGE onions!
3 huge carrots
3 big red beets
3 lb bag of fingerling potatoes

I put one of the cucumbers to use right away coupled with some cherry tomatoes I had left in the fridge to make a nice greek quinoa salad for dinner – with a Bard’s GF beer. Yum! Beer good. Greek good. Cocoa happy!

And my fridge is really full:






No comments:

Post a Comment