Monday, May 24, 2010

I'm so excited to get my veggies!!

So, I got this coupon for half off a box of organic fruit and/or vegetables - delivered by a company called Door to Door Organics.  I had heard of them before and was tempted to try it, but it seemed expensive and I had no references to tell me about their experience.  But, for $17 I was willing to take the risk.


I know it's premature to blog about it but I just can't wait for it to get here!  It's supposed to come tomorrow.  I'm expecting something like this:




Red Turnips: 1 1/2 lb
Fava Beans: 1 1/2 lb
Zucchini Squash  1 lb
Yellow Onions: 2 lb
Yams: 2 lb
Roma Tomatoes: 1 lb
Red Kale: 1 
Green Leaf Lettuce: 1 
Eggplant: 1 
Cucumbers: 2 
Carrots with Tops: 1 
Broccoli: 1 
Lemon: 1 
Avocado: 2

This box is usually $32 and to be honest, I've been too lazy to hit up a WholeFoods or Natural Grocers to see if I could buy all of this for less.  Why, you ask? Because I also find value in getting groceries delivered right to my door on a regular basis.
Have you ever tried to fight with the old people at the store on a weekend afternoon? B.R.U.T.A.L.  I hate going to the store to find that they are out of what I went for and then have to stand in line for 30 minutes to buy the handful of other stuff I picked up so the trip wouldn't be a total waste.

More perceived value on my part: help planning meals.  They send different produce each time and a sample recipe.  I'm excited about this!

I have my hopes up here, people!  I'm hoping that I get a beautiful box of veggies so that I can continue to use their service and make my life easier.  If it's bad, I guess I'll chalk it up to learning experience.
Here's hoping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment