Saturday, July 31, 2010

Cheers!

I forget where, but I got this recipe for basil cocktails on the same day that d2d brought me a big bunch of fresh basil and strawberries. It was fate.  Now, Friday nights are basil nights!!
This cocktail calls for 3 strawberries and 5 basil leaves, muddled in a 16 ounce glass. Then, you mix 1 oz of strawberry puree with 1.5 oz of strawberry flavored vodka, dump it in the other and top it off with 4 oz of lemonade.
So, as you can imagine I made this Cocoa style. Which means...Magic Bullet! I pretty much just dumped everything in a cup and zipped with the bullet and it came out GREAT! Oh yeah, and I used regular vodka. Partly because I was too lazy to go to the store and partly because I don't trust flavored alcohols to be gf. But that's just me.
Then everyone gets a fun colored top for the cup - whee it's a party!
Now, I'm going to go eat my yummy breakfast: stuffed omelet.
I basically sautéed up the leftover insides of the zucchini after I made Zucc noods, a whithered tomato, some onion and tucked it into a plain egg omelet. MMMMM.

No comments:

Post a Comment