Monday, April 19, 2010

Take that Starbuck's! (don't worry I still luv ya)

Today's lesson: Make your own Soy Chai Latte for less than you can get one at Starbuck's and in one tenth of the time it takes to wait in line for it.


Step 1: Go to the store, buy Very Vanilla Silk $2.50 - $3. This is crucial - VERY VANILLA - the other types won't taste right, trust me. Also pick up a carton of Tazo Chai Concentrate liquid. I get organic because it costs the same $3 and I'm afraid of poison (pesticides = bug poison = bad for Cocoa).


Step 2: At home, fill a mug half full with chai, microwave for 1 minute, if you want hotter cook it 1 more minute but watch it so it doesn't boil over.


Step 3: Fill mug to the top with Silk.


Step 4: Drink immediately before it gets too cold.  It should be just the right temperature.


Wasn't that easy?
Yeah, I'll still get one at good ol Star's once in a while and I haven't figured out how to steam a proper latte yet.  But if they don't start stocking my gf cookies consistently, I'm going to take a barista class and invest in some super cute travel coffee mugs that are microwave safe.
That aint an empty threat. Do you hear me Starbuck's? Stock my Lucy's cookies in cinnamon please.

No comments:

Post a Comment