Monday, September 6, 2010

Giant salads to cure the funky tummy


Good Morning Labor Day! I'm feeling down, I can't quite deal with the fact that summer is over. My vacation is over. I've come to some serious conclusions about my diet.
Turns out that dairy is definitely an enemy of my tummy :-(  I'm so bummed about this because it was the one thing I was holding on to. Something has changed though and it seems that I cannot handle dairy any longer.
So, after 4+ days of not feeling well, I guess I'll be cleaning up my diet even more.
Since I'm so emotionally tied to food, I thought that surely this means I can have brownies and cake, right? Wrong. The brownies made my tummy hurt too :-(  So depressing.  Back to the sugar free zone as well.
I guess when it's all said and done, I'm just bummed out today and really just want to curl up under the covers and ignore everything.  But, I won't and I can't. It's Labor Day!
So, I remind myself that I can still have all sorts of yummy foods. Like this juicy plum I'm having for breakfast and that wonderful avocado you see on my salad, above.  I'm still down with nuts and rice cakes too.
My positive twist is that if I eat like a cave woman, of course I'll look like this, right?
Since all my enlightenment settled in yesterday, today I'm going to have to do some research about how to get complete nutrition on a vegan diet. Any suggestions? Help?
Now, I'm off to clean up my messy house! I haven't vacuumed in ages and if that's the only thing I accomplish today, I'll be satisfied.

1 comment: