Friday, June 3, 2011

Possibly the best soup ever - Curried Butternut

I absolutely have to share this recipe because it is the best thing I've had in ages!
It was a totally simple recipe too - are you surprised?
Here goes:
Splash of EVOO
1/2 medium onion, diced
1 stalk celery, sliced
1-2 tsp curry powder
2 cups chopped butternut squash
2-3 cups broth or water
S&P to taste
1/2 - 1 cup coconut milk
1 Tbl maple syrup

So you sautee the onion, celery and curry in the EVOO, then you add the broth (I used veg) and squash and simmer about 30 minutes until it's tender.
Then, you take it off the heat and spoon it slowly into the blender so it cools off enough not to explode. Then puree it and serve warm.
I absolutely loved it! And this recipe makes enough for 3-4 people, depending on how much you fill the bowls so no week's worth of leftovers. Yay!

It will be on my fall cooking list for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment