Friday, June 17, 2011

My favorite black bean chili ala Suzanne


Messy looking, right? But I promise, it is the best and easiest chili in the world.
It is actually just a little different from the recipe I got out of a Suzanne Somers cook book. Maybe the white one...I can't remember.
Anyway, it's super easy:
1 can black beans
1 can diced tomatoes and chilies
1/2 medium onion diced
a clove or 2 of garlic, minced
glug of EVOO

Basically, sautee the onion & garlic in evoo for a minute or so then dump in the cans of beans and tomatoes, get it hot and serve with warm corn tortillas.
This is about enough for 3-4 people, depending on your bean tolerance ;p

It is seriously one of my favorite go-to meals any time of year. It takes about 5 minutes, costs about $1.50 and is super comfort food without the guilt.


No comments:

Post a Comment