Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I steamed an artichoke!

And it wasn't as fabulous as I thought it would be. Oh well. At least I gave it a shot, right?
Long story short, I steamed it and the heart was really the only edible part. I also made my own dipping sauce out of mayo and hot sauce, which was pretty yummy.
Yep, you guessed it, there's a hunk of Hormel Roast Au Jus behind the bowl.
In other news, I just had my birthday again...I can't decide if I like birthdays or not. Frankly, they depress me.
I did get a ton of well wishes and I totally appreciate all my loving friends and family that don't remind me how old I really am so I can be eternally 25. Everyone else who won't leave me alone for the real number...well they might have to pump up their tires in the morning... mwaa ha ha.
Since my crock pot cracked (after the baked potatoes on fire episode - yes you can start things on fire in a crock pot) I got a new one from my sweet mommy. Apparently, I'm not mature enough to have a grown up sized pot though since she got me the cutest little child sized one. I love it though - very cute and I'll have many less leftovers.
I also got a hot air popcorn machine, super industrial baking pan and some other fun stuff including a car. Yay!
Like I said, I can't decide if the gifts completely outweigh the depression of knowing my life is whizzing by - but I'm leaning that way!


No comments:

Post a Comment