Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving and pomegranates

I found that pomegranates are not easy to eat. In fact, it takes for.ev.er to get the seeds out and then eating them is still no fun. Tastes great - lots of work.
I also got a persimmon. How do you eat a persimmon?!? Cute isn't it ;)
In other news, I have this whole week off. Forced PTO - not fair - blahdy blah - whiney whine whine. On the upside, I have a whole week off, including Thanksgiving. So I'll be cooking.
What are you cooking for t-day?
Since I can't have poultry anymore I plan to make stuffed acorn squash using Bob's Redmill cornbread ala Karina's: http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2008/11/maple-roasted-acorn-squash-and.html
We had this last Thanksgiving too, but with turkey. This year we will have wild rice instead. Mmm...wild rice is my favorite and my great uncle sent me some all the way from Minnesota which is way better than any you can get in Colorado!!
I'm really looking forward to it and over the next couple days all I need to do to prepare is get a couple acorn squash thanks to D2D bringing me all the other ingredients I need. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment