Monday, November 8, 2010

Review: Gluten Free Pantry Bread

I made this in the bread maker and I'm going to give it a gold star!
It was super easy and came out soft and smelled so good while it was baking. Me and Fluffy were just drooling and running down stairs every 10 minutes to see if it was done yet (despite the timer which kept telling us exactly how many minutes were left!).
Once it was done and still really too hot, I sliced it open and as you can see it was divine!
I smeared it with peanut butter and honey and I gotta say - it's some heavy bread! I was STUFFED!
See, I've been planning to make Bob's bread mix for a few weeks now. I put it on the counter by the machine so that the next time I found myself in the kitchen with a few minutes to spare I could just drop in the ingredients and set it. One day, I was standing there and decided to start - but it calls for more egg whites than egg yolks, so I have to figure out what to do that will need extra yolks before I can try Bob's. See - at $4 a dozen for my organic cage free happy chicken eggs, I'm not wasting a yolk!!
BTW, the price is worth it - they taste better and I'm truly a believer in organics because my health has improved significantly since I went organic.
Back to the bread...so I was at the store and saw this Gluten Free Pantry brand on sale and looked at the directions - 2 eggs, 1.5 cups water, 4 Tbl butter. Ummm Yeah!! I can do that. And I did!
It was $5 and is about twice as much bread as Udi's (same cost) plus instead of a white bread taste, it has this moist warm buttery taste. I think it would make great dinner rolls too. Just a thought for Thanksgiving sweethearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment