Saturday, December 4, 2010

Spaghetti or not spaghetti?

Don't let anyone tell you that spaghetti squash is a fair sub for real spaghetti...but it is really good!! So, you should definitely try it. I do put marinara on it, and the leftovers will no doubt get some butter, SP instead though, cuz that's good too ;0)

So, if you want to make this squash all you need is a baking dish and a microwave! Cut the squash in half, scoop the seeds out and put it cut sides down on the dish and put a little water in in it. Don't worry if it gets the squash wet. Then cook it for as long as it takes to get soft, mine takes about 10 minutes.
Then, use a fork to scrape out the insides, it will be stringy like spaghetti, but not stringy to eat, kind of crisp actually. Top it with whatever makes you happy, like cheese or sauce or just some salt and pepper.
This week, after not having to work for a whole week, was busy! I really didn't have a lot of time to cook ;0( and to tell the truth, yesterday I got the last of the Thanksgiving dishes done...I'm usually pretty good about getting the dishes done.
Anywhoo...sandwiches have been big - as in having one every day. I've alternated between Buddig Beef (it's gluten free!!!) and fried egg. The one above is corned beef with spinach and some grape tomatoes that my parents had growing - it's been really warm here still!
I was also really blessed to have T-day leftovers well into Tuesday, at which time I tossed the last of it for fear of food poisoning (how long do leftovers really last?!?)

No comments:

Post a Comment