Friday, October 1, 2010

New GF Finds

The other night I decided since King Soopers has quit stocking my favorite things, I'd hit up Safeway (right across the street) and see what they had to offer.
Imagine my surprise after scouring the whole store, I found a little section of gluten free items!  Throughout the store I did find a few things here and there and I was looking at a bag of sweet potato chips that was covered in something sticky and got all over my hand. Gross! So, quick trip to the restroom at the back of the store to wash it off (I mean, it was really gross) and coming out up the baking aisle there was the gf stuff.  I picked up a bunch!
Of course I got some Glutino Pretzels ($5) for a 9 oz bag *ouch*


There were new things too:
Perky's Cereal. Despite that fact it was $8 per box, I picked up both flavors - rice and flax.  I was really pleased to see it is sweetened with grape juice instead of sugar and syrup.
So far, I've tried the rice flavor - it's super crunchy! Goes great with almond milk.


There was also Justin's Maple Almond  Butter. I've heard great things about this stuff so instead of the little packets I actually picked up the big jar :)  I think it will grow on me. It's not very smooth, like I'm used to, but it does taste good.


The rest of the week has been filled with salads and Ore Ida, since end of quarter makes me so tired. I pretty much come home and veg out with a book or a movie and barfycat. I've also set aside an hour every day for my ~ing.
Such a lifesaver!  Sitting quietly in prayer and meditation has totally kept me centered the last couple weeks. Somehow, taking care of myself by setting aside that time every day also makes me take care of myself all the time. It's amazing.
Instead of sitting in that room, feeling obligated to just be present, I give myself permission to leave for blocks of time, which does a ton of good for my mind set. It also helps me keep up on my day-to-day work so that I'm not falling so far behind on all the other duties I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment