Saturday, September 17, 2011

Roasted corn salsa

 I've been getting the best organic sweet corn all summer and pretty much just grilling it all up because it brings out the sweetness and seriously, doesn't need a dab of butter or salt - you can eat it plain!  But tonight I was in the mood for something different and had a corn left over so I decided to make the lazy man's roasted corn salsa and it was great!
 I just took the corn off the cob and stirred it in some salsa until it seemed about right.  Then I topped a grilled steak with it and, I swear it was like eating at a 4 star restaurant ;0)
I also had a little coleslaw leftover. I made it with Napa cabbage and it was really a nice variation.  Napa cabbage isn't as strong tasting as others so it lent to a smoother taste.  My recipe for it was a dab here and a dash there, as usual.
I guess I used about 1/2 cup of mayo, 3 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, pinches of salt and pepper, 1/2 cup raisins, 4 green onions chopped and 4-6 cups of cabbage - adding it and stirring until it was nicely coated and there was no more sauce puddling in the bottom of the bowl.
I always say cooking is easy - maybe because I make it that way...
I think that strict measurements are for baking everything else is toss and play!
I also think baking is best left to mixes...easy!  Pamela and Betty Crocker never fail me.
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment