Sunday, August 22, 2010

Playing with food


Here was breakfast - simply sliced strawberries and a peach  Yum
Lunch! This is my first try of Udi's brand sandwich bread. It's ok. I never have been big on bread, but it's kind of fun to have a sandwich once in a while. Peppered beef, mustard and lettuce on it. Was good :)
Yesterday, I tried their gf cinnamon rolls. They were ok, but kind of dry and grainy. I miss soft chewy cinnamon rolls :(
Yesterday's dinner.  It was SOOO HOT! I left early to run some errands and ended up just baking in my truck from B&N to the library to the grocery store, to the gas station and by the time I got to my parents' house, I thought I was going to pass out! Cinnamon roll, almond milk and a grapefruit soda later, I was on my way home - sweating buckets! So, after lying on the floor in front of the  a/c, cooking was not gonna happen. period. 
It was really nice to have a bunch of green lettuce in the fridge...here's the gross part...I was washing it and a dead grasshopper fell out. *gag gag gag*  I washed it really well and ate it anyway. Didn't die overnight, so it must not have been poisonous.
Dinner Friday. Yeah, tired of cooking after work so I sliced green onions and fried up eggs with it and added some hashbrowns. I always do like having breakfast for dinner though. I mean, I'm hardly ever up early enough to do anything for breakfast but grab a lara bar on the way out the door.
One night I actually felt like cooking so I made this delicious summer sauté. 1 yellow squash, 1 zucchini squash, 1 onion, 1 red bell pepper, a few mushrooms, drizzle of EVOO, S&P. It was great and I had a bunch leftover for the whole week.  Highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment