Saturday, September 15, 2012

DANGER PUDDING!!

 I made Danger Pudding...in the Crock Pot...so I'm not sure if you can call it Danger Pudding anymore.
But, have you heard of the Sweet Potato Queens' Book of love? If not - go get it. I have lots of books but none loved so much as that and Gone With the Wind.
So, there are recipes in this book full of everything you need to know. Not so many gluten free but, Danger Pudding is one of them!
Jill says to boil your can of sweetened condensed milk on the stove to make Danger Pudding...but it's dangerous. So much so, that the manufacturer puts a warning on the label...duh.
So, one dreary evening I was scouting Pinterest and found a recipe for making "Homemade Caramel" in the Crock Pot. I didn't repin it -sorry. 
Honestly, I kept thinking it cooked for 2 hours so I started it at 8 PM and then thought better to check the instructions again and after an hour of searching my Internet history found it and it said cook 8 HOURS, cool 2 hours in the fridge. It is apparently crucial to cool it. I cannot vouch for that personally as I haven't done much experimenting. But, guess who had to set her alarm clock for 4 am?
Was it worth it? 4 am wake up call? No.  But, start it in the morning and have it for dessert? Yes.
P.S. the water looks gross in the crock because the can rusted a little during the cooking. Weird, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment