Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ani Phyo's Donut holes

Here's another raw recipe I experimented with...

"donut holes"! I got the recipe from Ani Phyo's blog - check her out for a lot of other brilliant raw recipes. I dig it.
In case you can't find it though, here's the recipe - you have got to try them because they are the best thing I've had in a looooong time. Of course, they aren't like a cake - so don't expect that! Think chewy/sweet fruity snacks that are totally satisfying without the sugar rush/crash. I love them!

1 3/4 cups almonds (I used regular ones from a bag)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 vanilla bean, scraped
2 cups dried pineapple, chopped
2 cups pitted dates
1/3 cup + 1/4 cup shredded coconut

In the food processor place almonds salt and vanilla and process to a fine powder
slowly add pineapple and dates then coconut.
Use a scoop to make round "holes" and roll in shredded coconut.
Viola!! It takes like 10 minutes - tops.

You can tell I didn't roll all of mine in coconut and I used wet fingers to form the balls. Mostly because I don't really dig coconut and I hate washing dishes - fingers are lick-able!
So everyone I was willing to share these with loved them and ate 2-3 more, so if you make them be sure and stick a couple away just for you!
I have to say these are better than Larabars...and I love Larabars!

No comments:

Post a Comment