Monday, February 7, 2011

Wow, I'm actually cooking again!

I think it was the cold weather and the only recipes I could find for my leeks were for soup, so I sliced those babies up and put 'em in the crock with some vegetable broth, 3 red potatoes and some S&P. 4 hours on high later and I was floored! It was really delicious. I expected it to be bland or watery, but it wasn't :0) Looks bland though, doesn't it?
I also rolled up some collard green wraps:

It might sound weird, but trust me - this is a fabulous little dish! I've made it a few times before and ate them so fast I forgot to take a picture. This time I happened to have the camera in the kitchen and snapped it quick!
These are so easy too.
First, you wash your collard greens - I soak them in water for a few minutes then rinse them under running water. Mostly I just want to make sure I get all the dirt off.
Then, you lie one on your cutting board and with a sharp paring knife start at the stem and cut up the leaf. Your knife will automatically cut the boniest part of the stem as long as you're sliding it along the stem toward the top of the leaf. You'll have to repeat on the other side. Did that make sense?

If not, come over and I'll give you a live demo.

Next, pick your filling. I love doing some tuna salad with tomato slices.
Put a dab (spoonful) on the end of a leaf and roll it up. Voila!

Now, promise me you'll try it some time and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment