Saturday, November 10, 2012

Chipotle style barbacoa - in the crock pot


 So, I love Chipotle's burrito bowls...but I find it a HUGE pain to go there and try to convince the non-English speaking employees that they need to change their gloves and not fondle the tortillas before they fix my food so that they don't poison me. So, I thought maybe, just maybe, I could make it myself at home.
An in-depth Google search yielded several copycat recipes, all very similar, so I settled on this one:
http://www.food.com/recipe/chipotles-barbacoa-copycat-recipe-472445
I halved it since my roast (London Broil) was only about 2 pounds. Was it good? I'd give it about an 8 on a scale of 10 (high). Personally, I didn't like the strong clove taste- I would probably go for a couple sprinkles instead of spoons of it. Otherwise, it was spicy and went pretty well on rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment