Saturday, July 14, 2012

Do you use dehydrated chopped onions?

I got a container of dried chopped onions a while back for a recipe that I never even tried. Since then, I've been wondering what to do with them and then...
I was making a little salmon salad from canned salmon, mayo, salt and pepper and it needed something else.
So, I put in a bunch of the onions. It was great! Since they were still dry the distracted me from the fact that there were a few little bones in that salmons till (which I hear is good for you to eat - high calcium and all). The next day (of course there were leftovers!) the onions had soaked up some of the liquid and the flavor had melded so nice!
I'd highly recommend this little recipe - then let it sit in the fridge for a while before you serve.
Good stuff!
Don't forget to put a bunch of spinach in your sandwich too. Even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment