Saturday, April 16, 2011

Review: Hormel Refridgerated Entrees

I've been eating one of these pretty much every week this month. I'm giving them about a 9 out of 10 for being a great food.

Pros:
cooks in 4 minutes in the microwave
don't have to open the package before cooking
totally tender and tasty without a bunch of (questionable) ingredients
goes with lots of side dishes
makes my life infinitely easier


Cons:
$7-8 for a pretty small hunk(s) of meat
pretty fatty sometimes
even after I tried to incinerate the leftovers, the package melted but the meat was still tender - this seems kind of wrong, but I ate it anyway!

So there you go, I'll continue to buy it because it is really awesome to pull out some veggies while the 4 minutes beef is in the nuker and have dinner and leftovers. I'm not afraid of the ingredients, the beef roast has 3 extra (water, salt corn starch and some preservative I can't spell).
Next, I'm going to try cooking it and then just stirring in some powdered potatoes to the au jus and see what happens :)

P.S. you can go here to see all the GF things Hormel offers. Makes my life easy! http://www.hormel.com/products/GlutenFreeProducts/default.aspx

Bon Appetit!


No comments:

Post a Comment