Thursday, January 27, 2011

Crock Pot Bakers?


I think this is my new favorite Crock Pot function! You can bake potatoes in it! And yams!
I hate starting up the oven to do just a couple potatoes and when I microwave them I always end up with some kind of hockey puckish thing. This was FABULOUS!! All you have to do is wrap them in foil and cook on high 4-6 hours or low for about 8 hours and they come out perfect. The skins literally fell off the yam, which was sweet and soft. The potato peels fell off too. MMMMM.


So, I'm thinking that there will be many crock pot bakers in the future. The best part? since they are wrapped in foil there's no clean up!

Have you ever cooked anything non-stew in a crock pot? Do tell! I'm always psyched to find new meals I can do in the Crock and save me cook time. Not to mention how divine it is to come home to the smell of dinner ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment