Sunday, November 6, 2011

New floors, Part 1 - the stairs

 You may remember this from before...
 When I decided to de-carpet my second floor, it all started with the stairs.  I stripped them, scraped them, pulled staples out of them for hours, sanded them and finally... Painted them!
The second half were about the same.  I basically had to dedicate a 3 day weekend to each flight because of staple pulling hours and paint drying time.
A word to the wise, if you paint any floor white, be prepared to clean it regularly!  I used Glidden floor and porch paint with no tint and I'm pretty pleased with the overall look and it certainly does resist scuffing and chipping or wear.
If you have a choice, they gray might be a better option if you're looking for low-upkeep cleaning.
Phase 1, Stairs Complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment