Friday, June 18, 2010

Back to Basics - steak and creative leftovers

I'm back to my basics of steak and salad today. I love trying the new Somersize recipes but I also like simplicity.  So, I actually popped home at lunch and threw this angus filet on George while I spun the lettuce and tossed on some leftover raw zucchini, mushrooms, a roma tomato and some sharp cheddar cheese.  Balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil to dress it.  So simple, so satisfying!


Then I was feeling like creative leftovers for supper and threw some leftover spinach bread in the micro to thaw, topped it with sauteed pepperoni, garlic sauteed in olive oil, a roma tomato and some full fat mozzerella cheese and a smidge of parm. Nuked to melt.  So, best hint here: sautee the pepperoni and drain it a bit - it kept the "pizza" from getting too greasy.  Yummy yum yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment