Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Independence Day!!


I just have to say I feel so blessed to have been born and live in the United States, where I enjoy so many freedoms. On this day, especially, I think about the forefathers of this country and how they were so obviously guided by God! I also think of all the sacrifices that were made so that I could be here, getting ready to have a cook out with my family and not worried about the horrifying things people around the world have to worry about, every day. 
If you don't know this about me, I'm an American - through and through and nothing moves me as much as this day.

When the sun goes down behind those grand Rockies and the fireworks begin to burst all over the city, I can't help but be proud.  From the top of the hill we can watch about 5 different shows. I always tear up and my heart just about bursts thinking of all those brave souls who came to this land looking for a better life for their family and future generations. Those strong people who fought for every last bit of freedom they could after knowing the unbearable weight of tyranny, linger in my thoughts. It strengthens my resolve to continue to fight that good fight, even today as I watch many of my countrymen betray those freedoms without a second thought.
God bless the USA and I hope that you don't just think of it as a day to blow things up and eat too much, but think about the sacrifice and ultimate joy and relief the revolutionaries must have felt on this day over 200 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment